Who says you have to blow the bank to have a little fun with your mate?!?!? (Did that rhyme) ha! As many of you know, I married my high-school sweetheart at the age of 22 and we have a 2 year old son. We’ve been planning date nights since we met, nearly 11 years ago and sometimes you just run out of ideas. Sometimes, I feel like we’ve done everything until I pull up my favorite app and search for deals, here. Read 11 date ideas for $20 or less, below:
On A Budget? 11 Date Night Ideas $20 or Less
1. Art Gallery: Many art galleries are free. If you love to stroll down aisles of tasteful paintings, this Date Night can be a treat for you. Search for a range of local art galleries in Groupon and save, here
2. Dance Class: Take a couple dance class. Have you tried Salsa? Meringue? Maybe a little Chicago style Stepping? My husband isn’t too fond of dancing but he will get on the dance floor and move just for me sweet) So, I checked on my Groupon app to find some local deals, you can too, here.
3. Cooking Class: Get friends together at your home and ask everyone to bring their favorite recipes and a bottle of wine. Each couple contributing $20 to the meal will make for a fabulous Date Night!
4. Deal Savers: An app like Groupon has great discounted dinners at local restaurants or live band pubs. I recently found a Groupon deal for Jet Skiing in Chicago for only $40.00, split in half and you have a $20 per person adventurous date planned.
5. Amateur Comedy Show: Admission rates are cheaper when you watch up and coming comedians on stage.
6. Karaoke Night: Sing your heart out with Michael Jackson’s Thriller or other great songs. Not a singer? Well, sit back and allow other couples to entertain you with their vocal skills on stage.
7. Movie Theme Night: In the mood for Italian? Match the movie with your meal by putting in the “Italian Job”. Although two tickets to the movies would be less than $20, there’s still popcorn and snacks that’s why I always look for movie deals as well.
8. Historic Tour: Many of us have not yet experienced all there is to know about our city. Prepare for this Date Night by researching some hot spots to take your spouse. Look up some very interested facts about your city and be his/her personal guide for the night. Park the car or drive around. If you live near a major city, a tour would be fun!
9. Volunteer Work: Here’s a way to spend quality time while giving back to the community. Learn about an organization that plant trees or clean beaches and get involved.
10. Impromptu Road Trip: Build a playlist, pack some snacks, pick a nearby destination 3 hours away or less and take it to the road. Go to a surrounding city and experience some of their must see sites.
We hope theses tips for date night ideas will be something you would try. If you’re in the Chicagoland area, we would love to meet with other couples for a Date Night. Simply join our Date Night email list, here. If you have a fun Date Night idea, send us an email with all the deets: TravelWithTheRussells@gmail.com
Chat soon, Ro’Shunda
This post contains some fun affiliate links. Be sure to enjoy!