Mazda, you’ve really impressed the heck out of me. You must’ve known my current vehicle lease is expiring soon, really soon, and now I just don’t want this test drive to end. Ladies, the 2017 Mazda CX-9 is one of the sexiest three-row, 7 passenger SUV you could ever ride with storage for days! I never imagined myself as a minivan mom but many moms opt for a minivan due to the storage. Let me tell you, this vehicle has the storage and seating to accommodate the entire family.
The design of the vehicle is super slick yet curvy with amazing detail both inside and out. I hope you follow us on Instagram because I shared IG stories of how my entire family (mother, sister, husband, my son, my nephew and I) sat comfortably during our drive to the beach this past weekend.
There’s so many cool features of this vehicle. Let me tell you all about it:
The Sassy Moms SUV: 2017 Mazda CX-9 Review
What’s New/Special Specs
Smart City Brake Support is new and now standard with all touring trim level vehicles. The Smart City Brake Support works at speeds under 20 mph and is designed to function while driving at slower speeds common in urban areas or congested traffic. Since research shows that 60% of rear end collisions occur at this speed, this new technology will decrease the amount of common accidents.
– Midsize, three-row crossover SUV
– Turbocharged SKYACTIV-G 2.5T engine
– 310 lb-ft torque at 2,000 rpm
– 250 horsepower at 5,000 rpm (93 AKI)
– 227 horsepower at 5,000 rpm (87 AKI)
– SKYACTIV-DRIVE 6-speed automatic
– Front-wheel drive or available i-ACTIV All-Wheel Drive
– Available windshield-projected Active Driving Display
– MAZDA CONNECTTM infotainment system with 7-inch or
available 8-inch, full-color touchscreen display and voice
– Standard rear view camera
– Multi-function Commander control
– Auto-dimming rearview mirror*
– Standard Bluetooth® hands-free phone and audio
– BOSE® 12-speaker surround sound system with
Centerpoint® 2 and AudioPilot®
Safety & Security
– Ultra-rigid SKYACTIV-BODY and SKYACTIV-CHASSIS with six
airbags to protect occupants in all three rows
– Blind Spot Monitoring System and Rear Cross Traffic Alert*
– Smart City Brake Support*
– Distance Recognition Support System (DRSS)***
– High Beam Control (HBC)***
– Lane Keep Assist (LKA)***
– Mazda Radar Cruise Control (MRCC)***
– Rear Backup Sensor and Smart Brake Support (SBS)***
Price reasonably at $31,250 MSRP
Would I Purchase?
Absolutely! I told my husband that I love, love, love, this vehicle. It just makes me feel good, ya know. Have you ever felt good in a car before? The seats hugged me, the sounds soothed me and the driveability relaxed me.
I hope you are driving a car that makes you feel like a sexy mom! (I’m still working on it) lol
Thank you for reading! Ro’Shunda